The WOM control chokes are available with a plug & cage or an external sleeve trim. These chokes are designed to provide accurate flow control throughout its operating range. The internal internally guided plug controls the opening and rate of flow. It is a robust design with its maximum flow capacity, making it ideal for oil production water injection and chemical injection services.
Product Specification and Features
- The WOM Plug and Cage style choke features a tungsten carbide cage as the throttling mechanism with a protective steel carrier around it.
- Outer Steel carrier is for protection against impacts from debris in the production fluid.
- The trim characteristics is equal percentage that provides superior flow control, however, WOM can provide the linear trim as well on demand.
- Pressure balanced trim considerably reduces the torque required to operate the choke.
- Plug is fully guided at the ID of sleeve and is rigidly attached to the stem to resist any induced vibration damage.
- Meet or exceed the minimum requirement specified by API 6A latest Edition
Plug and cage chokes are used for high capacity/Medium pressure drop application, Used in X-mas tree, process platforms, FPSOs.