WOM’s Annular BOP has a conical bowl designed piston with a length-to-diameter ratio approaching 1 which eliminates tendencies to cock and bend during operations with off-center pipe or unevenly distributed accumulations of sand, cuttings, or other elements. Only two moving parts (piston and packing unit) result in fewer areas that are subject to wear. The BOP is safer and more efficient, requiring less maintenance and less downtime.
- Three choices of packing unit rubber compounds permit more flexible applications.
- Screwed lid design of the WGK BOP is a simple, efficient, and strong method of connecting the lid to the body for safe operation without loose parts being lost down the hole or overboard.
- Large pressure energized seals are used for dynamically sealing piston chambers to provide safe operation, long seal life, and less maintenance.
- Piston sealing surfaces protected by operating fluid lowers friction and protects against galling and wear to increase seal life and reduce maintenance.
- Operating chambers are tested to full BOP working pressure to ensure strength, reliability, and the ability to over-pressurize the chambers in emergencies.
Specification and Features
- Long piston with a length to diameter ratio approaching one eliminates tendencies to cock and bind during operations with off-center pipe or unevenly distributed accumulations of sand, cuttings, or other elements. This design enhances the ability of the packing unit to reopen to full bore position.
- Conical bowl design of the piston provides a simple and efficient method of closing the packing unit. With the piston serving as a sealing surface against the rubber packing unit, there is no metal-to-metal wear on the sealing surface and thus longer life results.
- Field replaceable wear plate in the BOP lid serves as an upper non-sealing wear surface for the movement of the packing unit, making field repair fast and economical.
- Maximum packing unit life is possible with the provision for measuring piston stroke. This measurement indicates remaining packing unit life without disassembly and ensures the longest and safest use of the packing unit.
WOM’s annular BOP is suitable for onshore and offshore applications.
- Available in sizes ranging from 7 1/16” through 21 ¼” and pressure ranging from 2K through 10K
- Optional packing unit rubber compounds permit more flexible application